Guided by its mission, NTMA envisions graduates with strong academic background
that will be productive members of the society, and most of all, enhance the tradition
of excellence in the maritime profession in the Philippines.
Committed to serving the nation, a “study now-pay later” program is in place to
give opportunities to young Filipinos a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fulfill
their dreams of becoming merchant marine officers and help their family to have
a better life.
- Male and single Filipino Citizen
- At least 16-21 years old
- At least 5'4" in height, weighing 100-135 lbs (+5 lbs for every inch above 5'7")
- At least a high school graduate (applicants with college background are
- Belong to the upper 50% of the graduates' academic ranking
- Speak and write good English
- Passed the Entrance Examinations; Ishihara Test; Audiometry; Physical, Medical,
Dental , and Neuro-Psychological Tests
- Like/love to work onboard ship as a Deck Officer/Engineer Officer